Join the fun of the Parade before the Parade and become a member of the Strategic Staffing Solutions Turkey Trot Volunteer Corps!! No matter where your interest lies there are plenty of opportunities from now until the big day! It’s a great way to get your Thanksgiving off to a running start!
There are volunteer positions for everyone – whether you prefer to be on the course or provide support indoors – on Thanksgiving morning or earlier in the month. If you’re willing to donate a couple hours or more we can use you. Without our amazing volunteers, we wouldn’t be able to offer this great event! All volunteers receive a Strategic Staffing Solutions Turkey Trot t-shirt.
VOLUNTEER POSITIONS include:
Before the Race:
- November 16-23 – Packet Pick-up – Help with registration and distribution of bibs and t-shirts at our pick-up locations. Familiarity with computers and great customer service required. This is an indoor position.
- November 26 – Michigan Room Set Up – Assist with organizing in TCF Center (formerly Cobo Center) before Expo opens. This is an indoor position.
Wednesday & Thursday, November 27 & 28
- Expo Registration and Pick-up – Distribute bib numbers and shirts to participants at TCF Center. Indoor position.
- Start Line Operations – Help organize the start area, distribute signage, assist in crowd direction and control, clean-up. Outdoor position.
- Course Marshal – Volunteers make sure the runners stay on course and watch out for any safety issues. Outdoor position.
- Finish Chutes – Assist runners with medals and water. Outdoor position.
- Cheer Stations – Encourage runners with noisemakers, music & loud voices. Outdoor position.
- Finish Line Operations – Assist with set-up and tear-down of finish areas, help with crowd direction, control and clean-up. Outdoor position.
- Michigan Room Food Distribution – Assist in organization and distribution of refreshments to runners. Indoor position.
- Water Stations – Supply runners with liquid and/or cookies. Outdoor position.
- Anywhere I Can – Help with any areas that need assistance.
If you have questions, please email Volunteer Coordinator, Emily Anderson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a complete list of available positions, please DOWNLOAD the Volunteer Descriptions here.