The Strategic Staffing Solutions Turkey Trot kick off America’s Thanksgiving Parade presented by Gardner White.
The S3 Turkey Trot has been a tradition in Detroit for the past thirty-eight years. Much more than a variety of races (10k/5k/1 mile and combo events), thousands of participants dress in costumes for the event. Often declared “The Parade before The Parade”, participants frolic by the largest spectator crowd in Michigan. Truly an awesome way to start Thanksgiving Day!
- Several distances to choose from – the Strategic Staffing Solutions 10k Turkey Trot, the 5k Stuffing Strut, and the family-friendly Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Mashed Potato Mile.
- Two combination events offered! The popular Drumstick Double (10k + 5k) and the Cranberry Combo (5k + 1mile).
- All participants receive a long-sleeved, technical shirt. Custom-designed medals are awarded to all finishers.
- All events are stroller friendly! Due to congestion and policies in place at TCF Center, pets are NOT permitted.
- Stay up to date by following us on social media!
- Facebook – Strategic Staffing Solutions Turkey Trot
- Twitter – @S3TurkeyTrot
- Instagram – @S3TurkeyTrot
- Don’t forget to use our Official Event Hashtag when training or participating on Thanksgiving Day – #S3TurkeyTrotDetroit
Packet Pick Up
- Packet Pick Up will be available at the TCF Center, inside of Hall E, on Wednesday, November 24th from 12:00pm – 7:00pm and on Thursday, November 25th from 6:00am – 8:30am.
- Advance Packet Pick Up is available before Thanksgiving week at NINE convenient running store locations throughout Metro Detroit. Advance packet pick up is offered Saturday, November 13th – Saturday, November 20th.
Important note: the Strategic Staffing Solutions Turkey Trot is planning for in-person races on Thanksgiving Day, November 25, 2021. Our team will continue to monitor mandates and recommendations from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, the CDC, and the City of Detroit.
The health and safety of our participants, volunteers, sponsors, staff, and the community are always our top priority. We are very grateful to our loyal supporters throughout this unprecedented time.