*Register for the 2017 Strategic Staffing Solutions Turkey Trot HERE!
The Strategic Staffing Solutions Turkey Trot kicks off America’s Thanksgiving Parade presented by Art Van.
It’s been a family tradition in downtown Detroit for the past thirty-four years. Much more than a variety of races (10K / 5K / 1 Mile), thousands of participants dress in costumes. Often declared “The Parade before The Parade”, participants frolic by the largest spectator crowd in Michigan. What an awesome way to start Thanksgiving Day!
- Several distances to choose from – the Strategic Staffing Solutions 10K Turkey Trot Run, the 5K Stuffing Strut Run/Walk and family-friendly Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Mashed Potato Mile
- There are also two combination events – the popular Drumstick Double (10K & 5K), and the new Cranberry Combo (1 Mile & 5K)
- All participants receive a long-sleeve, poly-hex tech shirt featuring our new logo. Medals are awarded to ALL finishers
- All races are stroller-friendly. However, because of congestion pets are not permitted
- Advance Packet Pickup will be available at NINE metropolitan Detroit locations from November 8-18
- Race Central is located in the recently renovated Cobo Center – Room E, on the lower level. Our race expo, featuring packet pickup and a variety of vendors takes place Wednesday, November 22 from Noon until 7:00 pm and Thanksgiving morning beginning at 6:30 am. Registration will be available only on Wednesday. No Race Day Registration
- DJ Music and an awesome runner Food Court
- Keep up with the latest developments, https://www.facebook.com/Strategic-Staffing-Solutions-Turkey-Trot-180057698682761/
For those new to racing, a “packet” consists of your bib number and t-shirt. Bib numbers are worn on your front (jacket, costume, shirt, shorts, etc.). The timing tag is on the back of the bib. Safety pins are available to secure the bibs.
The S3 Turkey Trot offers advance packet pickup and TEN convenient outlets in the Detroit area, from Wednesday, November 8th through Saturday, November 18th. Registration is also available during these times (Cash or check only. No charge or debit cards.) Check out the locations and times in the grid below. You may also download the list here: 2017 S3 Turkey Trot Pick Up locations
|Gazelle Sports||99 West Maple Rd., Birmingham, MI 48009||(248) 282-4874||M-Fr 10-8; Sa 10-6 Sun 11-4|
|New Balance||37606 W. 12 Mile Rd. Farmington, MI 48331||(248) 324-0506||M-Th 10-8; Fr-Sa 10-6|
|New Balance||821 E. Big Beaver Road, Troy, MI 48083||(248) 740-9221||M-Th 10-8; Fr-Sa 10-6|
|New Balance||13307 Hall Road Utica, MI 48315||(586) 254-5500||M-Th 10-8; Fr-Sa 10-6|
|RUNDetroit||441 West Canfield, #5 Detroit, MI 48201 (Next to Shinola & Jolly Pumpkin)||(313) 649-7863||M-Fr 11-7; Sa 10-6; Sun Noon-4|
|Total Runner||15265 Dix-Toledo Road Southgate, MI 48195||(734) 282-1101||M & Th 10-9; Tu, W, Fr, Sa 10-6|
|Running Lab||328 W. Main Brighton, MI 48116||(810) 225-9123||M-W 10-7; Th & Fr 10-8; Sa 10-6; Su 12-4|
|Running Fit||3010 Washtenaw Ave, #105 Ann Arbor, MI 48104||(734) 548-6299||M-Fr 9-7; Sa 9-6 Su 12-5|
|Playmakers||2299 W. Grand River Okemos, MI 48864||(517) 349-3803||M-Fr 10-8; Sa 10-6; Su 12-5|
|Bauman's Running & Walking Shop||1473 West Hill Flint, MI 48507||(810) 238-5981||Tu-Th & Sa 10-6; M & Fr 10-7; Su 12-5|
Pick-up will be available for pre-registered participants at the S3 Turkey Trot Expo which takes place in Room E of Cobo Center (previously the Michigan Room on the lower level). Hours are Wednesday, November 22, Noon until 7:00 p.m. and Thursday, November 23, 6:15 – 8:30 a.m. Before going to the “Pre-Registration” tables, please look up your race number posted on the nearby wall.
Questions? Give us a call at 313-247-4149 or shoot us an email at TurkeyTrot@theparade.org
Staying downtown for the Strategic Staffing Solutions Turkey Trot? Take the elevator home!