For the most up-to-date viewing and parking information, follow The Parade Company on Facebook and Twitter!
Thousands of spectators will line the shores of the Detroit River to enjoy the Ford Fireworks on Monday, June 25!
The following locations have been identified as the best viewing sites:
Belle Isle (viewing from the MacArthur Bridge will not be permitted)
Mt. Elliott Park, Owens Park and Erma Henderson Park
Riverside Park and the RiverWalk (from Yzerman Drive to Joseph Campau) will be CLOSED.
Please note, admittance onto Belle Isle by vehicles and pedestrian set-up at Hart Plaza will not be permitted before 2 p.m. on June 25.
- Hart Plaza will be open to the general public, but pedestrian set-ups and/or gatherings will not be permitted before 2 p.m. on June 25.
- Entry to Hart Plaza will close once it has reached desired capacity. There is No Re-Admittance once you leave Hart Plaza.
- No tents allowed.
- No alcohol, drones, pets, or contraband (weapons, knives, etc.) will be allowed.
- Flames or fires are prohibited, and cooking is prohibited.
- Reserving an area in excess of the number of people currently in the group is prohibited.
- Coolers and backpacks will be searched.
- Belle Isle will be closed on Monday, June 25 until 2 p.m. At that time, the island will open to vehicular traffic.
- Motorists will need the Recreation Passport to enter the island. The passport, which is only needed for vehicles, may be purchased at the entrance for $11. The passport is $9 for out-of-state and international visitors for the day and $32 for the year.
- Once island capacity is reached (3000 vehicles), no additional vehicles will be admitted to the park.
- The Island will open at 5 a.m. to pedestrians and bicyclists.
- Alcohol consumption is prohibited on the island.
- Tents and canopies should be 10 feet by 10 feet or smaller with no more than two tents or canopies per group.
- RV parking will be in the paddock area near the Casino.
- Consumer fireworks are prohibited on the island.
The Municipal Parking Department also will not enforce parking meters after 5 p.m. on June 25. However, motorists are advised to observe parking restrictions. Parking violators will be ticketed, and in some instances, vehicles may be towed.
In addition, motorists should be reminded that cars can travel in the same lane as the QLINE but should not park on the tracks.
Parking Facilities and Lots
MPD will offer parking at the following City-owned garages and lots.
Ford Underground Garage – 30 E. Jefferson 6 a.m. – 2 a.m. $10
Millennium Garage – 432 W. Congress 24 hours $10
Premier Garage – 1206-08 Woodward Ave. 7 a.m. – Midnight $10
Grand Circus Park Garage – 1601 Woodward Avenue 24 hours $10
Fireworks viewing from any parking facility and tailgating are prohibited. For more information, call (313) 221-2500 or go online to www.detroitmi.gov/parking.
DETROIT PEOPLE MOVER
The Detroit People Mover (DPM) will operate from 6:30 a.m. – midnight.
After 2 p.m., trains will stop at the Renaissance Center (RenCen) Station, however, only guess staying at the RenCen Marriott and Courtyard Marriott hotels will have access to the facility with appropriate ID. All other patrons must exit the DPM RenCen Station by the station’s stairwell or tower elevator (ADA accessible) to Jefferson Ave.
Courtyard Marriott guests should exit at the GM RenCen Station. DPM trains will bypass the Millender Center beginning at 2 p.m. on June 25. Guests may enter the hotel using the elevated pedestrian bridge.
Financial District Station is the closest DPM station within walking distance of Hart Plaza and the next station following Millender Center.
FAST – Powered by SMART
FAST is a new reliable, high-frequency bus service that connects the suburbs to Downtown Detroit. For $2.00 one-way, FAST Gratiot, FAST Woodward and FAST Michigan routes operate every 15-30 minutes for a quick and convenient ride. Click here for a downloadable brochure and plan your trip at RideSMART-FAST.org http://www.ridesmart-fast.org/.
All information is subject to change and will be updated throughout the month of June and as becomes available.