The Strategic Staffing Solutions Turkey Trot kicks off America’s Thanksgiving Paradeâ presented by Art Van.
It’s been a family tradition in downtown Detroit for the past thirty four years. Much more than a variety of races (10K / 5K / 1 Mile), thousands of participants dress in costumes. Often declared “The Parade before The Parade”, participants frolic by the largest spectator crowd in Michigan. What an awesome way to start Thanksgiving Day!
Online registration is now open at: http://www.hughesregistrationservices.com/races/PARADECO/turkeytrot/signup.php
- Several distances to choose from – the Strategic Staffing Solutions 10K Turkey Trot Run, the 5K Stuffing Strut Run/Walk and family-friendly Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Mashed Potato Mile
- There are also two combination events – the popular Drumstick Double (10K & 5K), and the new Cranberry Combo (1 Mile & 5K)
- All participants receive a long-sleeve, poly-hex tech shirt featuring our new logo. Medals are awarded to ALL finishers
- All races are stroller-friendly. However, because of congestion pets are not permitted
- Advance Packet Pickup will be available at NINE metropolitan Detroit locations from November 9 – 19
- Race Central is located in the recently renovated Cobo Center – Room E, on the lower level. Our race expo, featuring packet pickup and a variety of vendors takes place Wednesday, November 23 from Noon until 7:00pm and Thanksgiving morning beginning at 6:30am. Registration will be available only on Wednesday. No Race Day Registration
- DJ Music and an awesome runner Food Court
- View America’s Thanksgiving Parade presented by Art Van on a large-screen TV at Race Central
- Keep up with the latest developments, https://www.facebook.com/Strategic-Staffing-Solutions-Turkey-Trot-180057698682761/
NEW This Year:
- It’s our 34th Anniversary
- Expanded Starting Line on Griswold, in front of the Guardian and Penobscot Building
- Redesigned shirt and medal designs
- The Cranberry Combo – complete both the BCBSM Mashed Potato Mile AND the 5K Stuffing Strut to receive a unique, outsized Finisher’s Medal
- Finishers of the Drumstick Double are awarded a large, custom-designed medal
- Expanded Expo
For those new to racing, a “packet” consists of your bib number and t-shirt. Bib numbers are worn on your front (jacket, costume, shirt, shorts, etc.). The timing tag is on the back of the bib. Safety pins are available to secure the bibs.
There is advance packet pickup at nine satellite locations from Wednesday, November 9th through 6:00 PM Saturday, November 19th. (6:00 PM sharp on Saturday, even if the location is open later.) Refer to the chart below page for locations and hours. Click here for the downloadable location chart. Packet Pickup will also be available at Cobo Center on Wednesday, November 23rd, Noon-7:00pm and Race Day, Thursday, November 24th, 6:15-8:30am
Pickup will also be available for pre-registered participants at the S3 Turkey Trot Expo, which takes place in Room E of Cobo Center (previously the Michigan Room, on the lower level). Hours are Wednesday, November 23rd, noon until 7:00 PM; and Thursday, November 24th, 6:15 – 8:30 AM. Before going to the “Pre-Registration” tables, please look up your race number posted on the nearby wall.
|New Balance||37606 W. 12 Mile Rd. Farmington, MI 48331||(248) 324-0506||M-Th 10-8; Fr-Sa 10-6|
|New Balance||821 E. Big Beaver Road, Troy, MI 48083||(248) 740-9221||M-Th 10-8; Fr-Sa 10-6|
|New Balance||13307 Hall Road Utica, MI 48315||(586) 254-5500||M-Th 10-8; Fr-Sa 10-6|
|RUNDetroit||441 West Canfield, #5 Detroit, MI 48201 (Next to Shinola & Jolly Pumpkin)||(313) 649-7863||M-Fr 11-7; Sa 10-6; Sun Noon-4|
|Total Runner||15265 Dix-Toledo Road Southgate, MI 48195||(734) 282-1101||M & Th 10-9; Tu, W, Fr, Sa 10-6|
|Running Lab||328 W. Main Brighton, MI 48116||(810) 225-9123||M-W 10-7; Th & Fr 10-8; Sa 10-6; Su 12-4|
|Running Fit||3010 Washtenaw Ave, #105 Ann Arbor, MI 48104||(734) 548-6299||M-Fr 9-7; Sa 9-6 Su 12-5|
|Playmakers||2299 W. Grand River Okemos, MI 48864||(517) 349-3803||M-Fr 10-8; Sa 10-6; Su 12-5|
|Bauman's Running & Walking Shop||1473 West Hill Flint, MI 48507||(810) 238-5981||Tu-Th & Sa 10-6; M & Fr 10-7; Su 12-5|
Questions? Give us a call at 313-247-4149 or shoot us an email at TurkeyTrot@theparade.org